10.05.2010

A Weekend in NYC!

A couple weeks ago me and a few friends decided to hop on a plane and go to NYC. Why you ask? Because we wanted to. So we did! We planned next to nothing aside from the hotel we were staying at and honestly, I wouldn't have had it any other way! The food was delicious, the shopping was amazing, and the clubs were fun. We just went were the wind took us.




After landing and finding our way into the city we were all starving so we wandered around to find a place to eat. Luckily, we stumbled upon our new obsession: 4food, located just a couple blocks up from our hotel on 40th and Madison. The best way to sum up 4food would be healthy, sustainable, and community. 4food has reinvented the idea of fast food to include healthy and fresh menu items including their version of the classic fast food burger, fries, salad, and nuggets. Their menu boards are all electronic to reduce waste and are updated in real-time. It even allows 4food.com account members to create their own burger combos, and given enough votes could potentially earn a spot up on the board! The restaurant design also includes iPads docked on tables to be used by waiting costumers and the biggest giant Twitter feed I've ever seen. So as you're waiting in line, you can tweet about waiting in line at 4food and see your tweet come up on the screen!



Notice the giant Twitter feed on the back wall as people wait in line.
Section. Twitter feed is on the left.
That night after checking in and taking a much needed shower, we went out to dinner at a sushi restaurant, that honestly I cannot remember the name of for the life of me. (I know this makes me a terrible blogger). However, it was delicious! There were fishtanks on the ceiling surrounding the sushi bar with fake electronic jellyfish in them that lit up and moved. I was kind of in love. When our food arrived I remembered that I am physically incapable of eating with chopsticks. This is how pretty my plate presentation was before I started eating...


And this is after...

Next time, I think I'll just suck it up and ask for a fork. After dinner we went to see Mary Poppins on Broadway in which we all proceeded to fall asleep because we had been up since 5:00am that morning to catch our flight. SO much for a big plans of going out that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment