7.18.2010

8am & Looking Fly (8LF)


I've decided to attempt a new series dedicated to those of us that have problems getting dressed in the morning. Mainly, this is a little motivation to work on this problem myself. If you find yourself hitting the snooze button at least five times before you actually wake up for work, waiting to turn on the light until you have to put on your makeup and it's absolutely necessary, and then proceed to run over the garbage can sitting on the curb outside as you're backing out of the driveway most mornings, then this is for you (gee, that sounds familiar...).


The key to any successful outfit is always simplicity with nice details. At 7:30 in the morning sometimes this is a bit hard to remember. Mostly I find myself throwing on whatever I grab first, but picking out something simple and classic with fresh accessories is always a good way to start when your brain isn't quite turned on yet.



Notice the bow detail, and the interesting bracelet design, and of course a little Gucci never hurts either! I tend to keep my color pallet fairly simple and understated as well and am concerned more with construction of the peice rather than it being super flashy.

On a completely different note, the day I wore this outfit, this is what we did at work:

 Bananas, Nutella, peanut butter, and marshmellows smushed between two tortillas and grilled on a quesadilla maker. Now that is good design.

Productive day at work, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment